top of page

Home Energy Efficiency

Let us help you lower your Energy costs


Permanently lower your energy bills and enhance the comfort of your home; all at no cost to you. The service is sponsored by LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) and the Federal Department of Energy’s (DOE) Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP). Our energy–saving home improvements may include repair or replacement of exterior doors and windows, water heaters, stoves, furnaces and coolers, refrigerators and microwaves. We also install water restrictor-aerators, energy-sipping LED’s (compact florescent lights), door weather stripping, carbon monoxide and smoke detectors, sealing and patching of small cracks and holes and other minor repairs which help to conserve energy. We’ll also provide education on reducing your energy costs.


Upgrades and repairs can be performed on a single family home, town home, condo, apartment building or mobile home, with few restrictions.  Authorization for repairs is required by the owner or an authorized agent for the property when the application is completed by a renter.


Weatherization service is available once every 5 years for eligible dwellings. Dwellings that have been weatherized multiple times may be forced to wait longer than 5 years before they become eligible again. Because of significant funding cuts, Federal law requires the WAP program to target households with low-incomes and high energy costs, taking into consideration households with elderly and disabled persons, and children aged 5 and younger.


How to Apply

Depending on the county that you reside in, please download our Energy Assistance and Weatherization application.


Please note that applicants MUST provide the following; as well as other supporting documents identified in the application forms.

  • Social security card

  • Certified birth certificate

  • Signed authorization to perform work (Owner or Authorized agent of property.)


Once completed, you may submit your application forms by email (you will need to follow-up by sending in the application with your original signature); you can mail them to our office; or if you need help completing the forms, please call one of our offices to speak with an Intake Specialist and make an in-office appointment.


For more information or to make an appointment, 
please contact our friendly Intake Specialists for support.



liheap california.png
liheap logo.png
weatherization works.jpg





Tuolumne County

427 N Hwy 49, 

Sonora CA 95370
(209) 533–1397


Mon – Thurs.


Amador and

Calaveras County

10590 Highway 88, Jackson, CA 95642
(209) 223–1485


Mon – Thurs. 


Attn: Calaveras Residents

To better serve you, applications are available at all Calaveras Library branches and appointments may also be arranged for in San Andreas under certain circumstances. Appointments for Calaveras residents can also be made in Jackson. Call us to learn more. 


Need help with your PG&E, propane or water bill?

We may be able to help. Serving Amador, Calaveras and Tuolumne Counties.

bottom of page