Utility bill help

We may be able to help you pay your PGE or Propane bill

*Notice: Due to COVID-19, our services have changed to comply with social distancing and other safety measures. If you need assistance, please contact us first and we can help you with the application process.

See contact information below.

Utility Bill Assistance

Whether you are a tenant or homeowner, our Utility Assistance services include payment of some or all of your current PG&E or Propane service bill. Depending on your circumstance; whether you need help paying your bill or keeping your utilities from being shut off, we may be able to help. We work with most propane providers across the tri-county area and make payments directly to the propane vendor on your behalf. Although we make an immediate pledge to the utility provider, please note that payments may take 6-12 weeks.


How to Apply

Begin by downloading our Energy Assistance and Weatherization application and instructions for the county in which you reside. If you do not have access to a printer you can either pick up an application or one can be mailed to you.

Please note that applicants MUST provide the following; as well as other supporting documents identified in the application forms.

  • Social security card

  • Certified birth certificate


Once completed, you may begin by scanning and submitting your application forms by email (you will need to follow-up by mailing in the application with your original signature); you can mail them to our office; or, if you need help completing the forms, please call one of our offices to speak with an Intake Specialist.


For more information,please contact our friendly Intake Specialists for support. See below.

March 12, 2020- Due to COVID-19, PGE has voluntarily implemented a moratorium on service disconnections for non-payment until further notice. Read more.


Utility rate discounts through PG&E's CARE/FERA and other Programs for clients below certain income levels, with disabilities and more.

PGE Care.png

Save money with PG&E's

PGE Care.png

Helps you pay for energy during a crisis.

REACH Program

A non-profit organization runs the REACH program from 170 offices in northern and central California.

Income Guidelines



  • One client household up to $2,431.09

  • Two client household up to $3,179.11

  • Three client household  up to $3,927.14

  • Four client household up to $4,675.17

  • Five client household up to $5,423.19

  • Six client household up to $6,171.22

  • Seven client household up to $6,311.48

  • Eight or more? Call.


Tuolumne County

427 N Hwy 49, 

Sonora CA 95370
(209) 533–1397


Mon – Thurs.


Amador and

Calaveras County

10590 Highway 88, Jackson, CA 95642
(209) 223–1485


Mon – Thurs. 


Attn: Calaveras Residents

To better serve you, applications are available at all Calaveras Library branches and appointments are also available on Mondays and Fridays in San Andreas. Appointments for Calaveras residents can also be made in Jackson. Call us to learn more. 

Phone appointments only due to COVID

For Energy Bill Help, Call

Email: Amador tevans@atcaa.org                    Calaveras: lvelasco@atcaa.org              Tuolumne: kpierce@atcaa.org

Lower your Energy Bills

FREE home weatherization for residents in

Amador, Calaveras and Tuolumne Counties.